PRINCIPLES AND OBJECTIVES
The Fund calls to respect the norms and principles of the international law, especially the principle of the sovereignty, territorial integrity, and the inviolability of borders of all States.
The first objective of the Fund is to consolidate the regional cooperation at many levels. This endeavour would substantially contribute to finding a solution for establishing climate of stability and security in the region.
The second objective is creating an effective framework of cooperation, by building a bridging organization, which will provide the States with the opportunity to harmonize their interests, sometimes divergent, to reduce the barriers, to facilitate people-to-people contacts, and to overcome the disparities between them, generated by the affiliations with various international organizations, different levels of economic and social development, cultural and traditional values diversity.
Thirdly, Black Sea and Caspian Sea International Fund was based on the necessity of developing the entire region as an area of cooperative security. Black Sea and Caspian Sea region – a wide area of resources and insufficiently explored possibilities – represent an extremely important element for the regional security and should provide the guarantee for a peaceful and stable cooperation between various neighboring countries. Our experts have an integrated, comprehensive approach to the security concept, including all its fundamental components, such as economic, social, environmental or political.
Finally, the Fund is aimed at enhancing the economic cooperation, as a vital dimension for achieving sustainable development of our regions.
The Fund represents a civil society initiative for launching common actions and strengthening friendship and effective, solid cooperation between the countries of the Black Sea and Caspian Sea region in the field of democratization and institution building, justice and human rights, economics, public policies, science, education, culture, environment, fighting against terrorism, organized crime, drug trafficking and poverty.
The main objectives of the BSCSIF are:
- to bring people to the same table for dialogue, and to promote common action for strengthening social, economic, scientific, cultural, ecological and other initiatives, which are directed both to the consolidation of the international security and to the intensification of dialogue between nations;
- to support the policies and activities of the United Nations Organization, European Union, Council of Europe, Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation, and other significant international and regional organizations for achieving mutual understanding, stable institutional reforms, comprehensive democratic processes, and sustainable economic progress in the countries of Black Sea and Caspian Sea region;
- to cooperate both with governmental and non-governmental bodies, in order to efficiently fight against terrorism, organized crime, smuggling, trafficking of human beings and other anti-social actions, as well as to promote nuclear disarming and interdiction of the chemical and bacterial weapons;
- to actively support the researches in the field of energy and environmental protection, endorsing international standards and values in the field of ecology;
- to facilitate the relations between business partners, and to encourage individual initiatives, in order to enlarge the framework for the economic partnership.